<!-----kanoodle cookies-----> <SCRIPT language="JavaScript1.1" type="text/javascript" src="http://context5.kanoodle.com/cgi-bin/ctpub_adserv.cgi?id=85039742&site_id=85039743&format=conly"></SCRIPT> <!-----kanoodle cookies-----> <body> <body bgcolor="#8F8F6B">
 

Home

StatCounter

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Fear and Loathing in the Mystery Machine

"Excerpts from the never-aired 1973 Scooby Doo episode with guest star Hunter S. Thompson

We were ten minutes south of San Clemente when the putrid green daisy walls of the van started closing in. I recall the fat four-eyed lesbian sweater girl saying something like 'are you okay, Mr. Duke? We've got a mystery to solve...' when suddenly the gullet of the garish chartreuse steel beast began to spasm, as if a digestive track readying itself to vomit. I began clawing at my hamstrings and when I turned my head I was looking into the irridescent eyes of a grotesque animal screeching 'Ruh Roh! Ruh Roh!' in a hoarse irritating dog-accented gibberish. That's when it things began to turn weird.

I fought off the ether hallucinations and fly swarms and fumbled through my medical bag for my 9 millimeter and another shot of absinthe. I pushed off the safety and casually popped off three quick rounds, through the shag carpet stomach lining of the nauseous steel beast that was consuming all of us, and it began thrashing angrily. The lesbian was screaming, and the two Aryan Hitler Youth were screaming, and the grotesque talking dog jumped into the arms of the whimpering hippie boy. Holy sweet Jesus Christ, I thought, don't these people realize we're about be eaten alive by poorly-drawn Chevrolet? 'Nevermind,' I said. They would see it all soon enough, after the nightshade cookies and Scooby snack kicked in."
(more) iowahawk: Fear and Loathing in the Mystery Machine

Contact SnarkySpot